We are ready for a big 2022!
Let’s get cranking on a full calendar of trailwork, events, and a continued emphasis on access for every park user!
The Patapsco Fun Series is back in 2022!
We are back with one of the largest volunteer trail work series in the country! In 2022 all of the Fun Series events will be preregistration only, we are looking forward to seeing you on the trails.
Major trail projects in 2022 include:
- The Recreational Trail Program funded OEC Connector Trail. This trail will be built by professional trail builders, and we expect completion in 2022.
- The Bloede Dam Trail Extension. This volunteer-constructed, hand-built trail will move past the Bloede Dam overlook and formalize the connection to Ilchester Road.
- Additional work in the Rockhaven Area of the park. Completion of the “New Rocks Trail”, closures of legacy trails, and improved, sustainable connections to the Mill Race Trail and Jane Trail.
- Continued trail repair in the Glen Artney area of the park. Professional trail builders will be utilizing FEMA funding to repair the Forest Glen and Sawmill Branch from damage sustained in the 2018 flooding of the Patapsco Valley.
- The Patapsco Valley State Park Trail Crew will continue sustainable reroutes and trail maintenance in the Woodstock Area of the park.
Proposed trails and trail development at PVSP go through a comprehensive review at the Maryland Park Service and the Department of Natural Resources (no trails may be built in the park without prior approval) – all 2022 trail projects have been approved.